PDA

View Full Version : Smoking after wisdom teeth surgery

nd4snd
05-10-2011, 05:56 AM
So, I've put off taking out my wisdom teeth until the absolute last minute, because I don't do well with pain/surgery. I wanted to know, for those that have had them out, how long did you wait before smoking hookah again? The paper they gave me said to wait 3 days before smoking cigs again, does the same thing apply with hookah?

Opinions/advice, please! :cursing:

bigslim3k
05-10-2011, 06:44 AM
yes the same thing applies. the problem is dry socket. basically what happens is the sucking action from smoking will pull the blood clot out before the wound begins to heal and it will get infected and turn out to be a nightmare. best thing to do is wait a week or so after getting your teeth pulled to make sure things are healing well. you can still get dry socket up to 2 weeks after the extraction but i dont think its very common. i am not a doctor so follow what ever advise they give you. dry socket is something you dont want. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alveolar_osteitis

Tremendoustomato
05-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Yeah don't bother trying to smoke cause you'll regret it. Also i wouldn't worry about wanting to smoke, you will probably be in no mood to do anything.

kaldonia
05-10-2011, 08:05 AM
It will go by quick!
Day 1: You'll sleep
Day 2: You'll want to eat, but how? Milkshakes on a spoon dude!
Day 3: After swapping out bloody gauze for two days, your mouth is gonna be dry.
Day 4: Soft pulls on your late afternoon me time!

Like the tomato man says, you're not gonna feel like it!

UncleGio
05-10-2011, 08:06 AM
I Waited about 5 days. Its the pull factor that can make your stitches come out, if you got stitches.

mavsfan31
05-10-2011, 08:27 AM
What slim said is right.

I'd wait four or five days, to be on the safe side.

hookah_huffman
05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
I agree, I gave it almost a week before I began smoking after having my teeth pulled...

Yeags
05-10-2011, 11:00 AM
I got all 4 pulled my senior year. Pulled on Friday and I was playing football on Monday. Everyone is different - just have to take it VERY easy. If you have the urge to sneeze, use both hands to keep your mouth as close to shut as possible.

kyleSD
05-10-2011, 11:43 AM
i would agree with most and wait a little longer to be absolutely certain. with that said, enjoy vicodin land for 4 days! whee!!!

Scootertaj
05-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I would wait till the pain is completely gone, which should be 4-5 days!

gnuworldorder
05-10-2011, 12:58 PM
as stated dry socket is terrible. i use to talk to this chick that go it and she said it was the worst thing shes ever gone through. just wait a week or so

JohnnyTokyo
05-10-2011, 01:00 PM
yes the same thing applies. the problem is dry socket. basically what happens is the sucking action from smoking will pull the blood clot out before the wound begins to heal and it will get infected and turn out to be a nightmare. best thing to do is wait a week or so after getting your teeth pulled to make sure things are healing well. you can still get dry socket up to 2 weeks after the extraction but i dont think its very common. i am not a doctor so follow what ever advise they give you. dry socket is something you dont want. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alveolar_osteitis

^ this. Dry socket is awful.

Scoop
05-10-2011, 02:30 PM
i waited a week. dry sockets are so not worth smoking.

JustGotLucky
05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
lol waiting too long to get your wisdom teeth pulled is worse. Should have done it as soon as it needed it because now they r going to do more cutting and its going to hurt worse. Your wisdom teeth roots curl around your jaw bone so the longer u wait the more they grow

skeetsak
05-10-2011, 07:40 PM
dry sockets suck. i waited until the pain left from "sucking". you can feel the pressure change in your mouth and the holes feel like you are about to suck blood out of them for a while

mavsfan31
05-11-2011, 02:13 AM
I got all 4 pulled my senior year. Pulled on Friday and I was playing football on Monday. Everyone is different - just have to take it VERY easy. If you have the urge to sneeze, use both hands to keep your mouth as close to shut as possible.

Thats far different from sucking on something though

aanntthhoonnyy
05-11-2011, 04:03 AM
I got all 4 teeth yanked at the same time. I came twice.

You're not gonna wanna smoke. You just be high as fuck on pain pills. Get a few good icepacks and a few dvds. Strap the fucker against your face and watch a movie. The first thing I ate after getting my teeth extracted was a hotdog. don't let these people tell you otherwise.

Chill out, Have a few brews and save the pain pills for a later time.

ZenSilk
05-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah, don't be a retard and smoke.

P.S. It's not the stitches, it's the clot that is slowly building that will eventually heal the fucking gargantuan hole in your gums that's the problem. When a vacuum is created inside your mouth by using a straw or smoking or whatever, that clot pops out and your FUCKING BONE is naked to harshness of nature, leading to extreme pain and very possible infections, and the clot will need to re-form.

UncleGio
05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah, don't be a retard and smoke.

P.S. It's not the stitches, it's the clot that is slowly building that will eventually heal the fucking gargantuan hole in your gums that's the problem. When a vacuum is created inside your mouth by using a straw or smoking or whatever, that clot pops out and your FUCKING BONE is naked to harshness of nature, leading to extreme pain and very possible infections, and the clot will need to re-form.

Yeah yeah, thats what I meant ..... in a way. LOL

Mob Roody
05-15-2011, 10:12 PM
My wisdom teeth were removed 8 years ago and I had to cringe while I read this post. Like others have said, wait until the pain is gone. I bought a hookah while I was recovering as a get well gift to myself. I smoked it on day 5 and it was not an enjoyable experience because the pressure on the wounds was too great. I waited until day 10 or 11 before I tried again.